Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bio Paragraph Critique!

Did you hear? Fantabulous Agent Courtney Miller-Callihan critiqued my bio paragraph!




Call me a happy, snippy-snake!



Here's the link if you want to see what she said.  And she was really kind - said I was quirky, humorous and knew my genre.

(YESSSSS!!)

Here's my revised version. (Personal info not included!)


HARD NOX is a 77,000-word YA Paranormal set in River Styx, Ohio near my childhood hometown and my debut novel.  Appalachian ghost stories (handed down my family-tree with my grandma's biscuit recipe) have influenced my writing since my days as editor of my high school's literary journal.  I blog at Witty Repartee (http://sarcasm-shoot-out.blogspot.com/) and am a member of several critique groups and online writing communities, such as the RWClist run by Ms. Charlotte Dillon. Should you wish to read more, I would be delighted to send you sample chapters or a full manuscript.


She suggested adding another quirky, personal detail. Hmmm. <taps chin>

This could take awhile. Couldn't I just bribe agents with hot hand-made biscuits and from-scratch gravy?



Huh? Huh? You know you want some ...

Ok, so maybe not.

 Back to the drawing board then.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I think you should say "and is my debut novel" otherwise it sounds like it "is near your debut novel."
Perhaps you should include the recipe for your biscuits and gravy?